How to Move WordPress Site to Production
WordPress is the most popular content management system on the planet. Its adaptability makes it a perfect choice for enterprises of all sizes, regardless of industry, target market, or goals.
There are many ways to move a WordPress site to production, and we’ll look at the simplest one.
- First and foremost, take a backup before beginning the procedure. If necessary, export from PhpMyAdmin and copy the web directory through FTP.
- To produce a zip file on the development server, navigate to the cPanel File Manager, select all the files, and click the Compress button in the top navigation. This zip file should be downloaded to your computer.
- Make a new database in cPanel on the prod: create the database’s name, username, and password.
- Unzip the files you obtained from the development server to your PC, then edit wp-config.php to add the new database information. After editing wp-config.php, select all files and rezip them using your preferred compress manager.
- Delete old site files and replace them with new ones.
- Move the website to a new server. FTP is usually sufficient, or you can also host the assets elsewhere accessible and download the files using wget on the new server.
- In the new environment, unzip the site files and import the database script. Update the database connection settings for use on the new server in the wp-config.php file.
That’s all. Now enable caching and install basic security precautions and enjoy your site. If you need further assistance or want to delegate this process, let’s look into the options.
Outsource WordPress development company
Suppose you need a WordPress design and development company for specific requirements for your website or need WordPress plugins produced from scratch for your project. In that case, you might want to consider hiring an outsourcing WordPress development company. To create anything like this yourself or with the help of a developer, you’ll need a lot of WordPress knowledge and expertise.
Communication is the most critical aspect that leads to a happy and constructive collaboration, and without it, your partnership will be unpleasant and yield unsatisfactory outcomes. You’ll be exchanging sensitive information regarding the project, your company, and your customers, so be sure the team you’re contemplating is trustworthy before working with them. Examine their terms of service to check if they are consistent.
Choosing web development services company
Although digital agencies provide a wide range of services, it can be difficult for business owners to choose. Many organizations offer design services in-house but outsource development, resulting in not usually totally implemented ideas. Others create novel solutions to modern challenges, but they are so focused on the technology that usability is an afterthought. Even those who create smooth, enjoyable, and engaging apps or excellent answers to the customer’s problem frequently consider their work done once the product is out, leaving the customer without a solution for interpreting the results after the app is released.
A good web development services company has full-service software development for successful businesses. A company needs to use a responsive website as it allows the resizing and adapting of the content to fit the device’s screen size. This increases development speed makes the project manageable and improves usability.
To summarize, choosing the best WordPress development company is hard – they will be your partner in constructing your website and/or moving it to production, so take your time, research options, and read reviews on independent sources before you start working with any of them.