Asus CEO announces the launch of Asus ZenFone 3 Series in June targeting Mid-Range Segment

Asus ZenFone 3 Series

Many expect the announcement of its 3rd generation of ZenFone smartphones at its Computex 2016 event on May 31. Jerry Shen, Asus CEO has revealed that they will launch the ZenFone 3 smartphone series in coming June, and it is targeted at the mid range segment of the customers. He also shared some details of this upcoming ZenFone 3 smartphone series.Asus ZenFone 3 Series

He said that the 90 per cent of the ZenFone 3 smartphones will come with a Qualcomm processor and the remaining 10 per cent devices will come with MediaTek processor. He also added that the Asus ZenFone 3 smatphone devices will be released and be available in a total of six countries in the month of August.

Shen also revealed that the company plans to have a Max model along with the other ZenFone 3 smartphone series range, and that the Max model of ZenFone 3 will come up to a near two thirds of the all total ZenFone 3 shipments. The other ZenFone 3 variants that the Shen revealed in the Asus ZenFone smartphone series are ZenFone 3 Deluxe and ZenFone 3.
Asus ZenFone 3 Series
Shen also revealed Digitimes that in the Chinese market, the company Asus will compete with Huawel and Oppo, talking about the competition. Shen said that the production of the smartphones will not have any affect with the policy change at Intel, because the company has been using Qualcomm smartphone solutions since Spetember 2015. He also added that there will be no undermining effect on the company’s gross margin with the adoption of Qualcomm and MediaTek chipset solutions.

In the benchmark listings of January the Asus ZenFone 3 smartphones codenamed Z010DD and Z012D were spotted. While the former has the specifications as a 5.9-inch HD display, a 12-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front camera, an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of inbuilt storage. And the latter has the specifications as a 5.5-inch full-HD display, a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 SoC, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of inbuilt storage.


  1. I’ve used Asus Zenfone and they are pretty good. Thanks for this review on Zenfone 3 range… 🙂


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here